Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for the financial reporting, operations, and controls of a rapidly growing international SAAS (Software-as-a-Service) company. The Controller will supervise the current accounting team which consists of two accountants based in the UK and Australia, and be responsible for growing the team in the US and internationally as Company needs dictate. The Controller will be a leader in the Company’s rapidly growing Salt Lake City office and help to shape and drive the culture of the organization.
- Financial Operations – Own the strategy, process, and execution of the company’s financial operations, including Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and all Journal Entries in the company’s accounting system – Xero.
- Publish Financials – Manage the process of monthly, quarterly and annual financial closings of the Company’s financial accounts. Consolidate three international entities into consolidated financial statements. Study the operational closing process and implement operational changes to improve the timeliness and accuracy of the process.
- Financial Controls – Establish best practice financial controls to ensure strong governance around all financial matters of the Company including banking & treasury operations, financial reporting, and payables. Continually research and stay up to date on best practices and bring them into the Company on appropriate timelines.
- Financial Reviews & Audits – Engage and manage third party accountants to provide Review or Audits of the Company’s financial statements. Be the primary company executive to work with such third parties to execute Reviews and Audits on a timely basis.
- Taxes & Regulatory Compliance – Lead the Company’s efforts to understand all applicable tax jurisdictions and file appropriate Company tax returns. Source and work with experienced third party tax and regulatory advisors as appropriate to ensure Company compliance with all relevant tax and regulatory filing requirements. Understand and work with all third party regulatory bodies and lead the Company’s compliance efforts therewith.
- Financial Reporting & Analysis – Review published financial reports and provide insight into changes and variations from plan. Prepare Management and Board reporting packages with variance reporting from budget results. Manage the transfer of financial data from Company financial platforms to business intelligence platforms. Engage with senior management to develop an optimal business intelligence strategy to align departments and inform management with real-time operational feedback.
- Team Leadership – Hire and inspire a talented team of international financial professionals who will consistently and accurately execute the financial operations of the business. Develop operating protocols and processes with a continuous improvement mindset, and foster a culture of excellence and pride in the mission. Provide general leadership and guidance to the growing number of staff members in the Salt Lake City office.
- CPA with at least 10 years of experience as an accountant or finance professional at a professional accounting firm or operating company.
- Financial accounting leader with at least three years of experience as a Financial Controller running the financial operations of a private operating company with international operations. Venture-backed technology company experience is preferred.
- Experience developing and enforcing appropriate financial controls and corporate governance policies.
- Proven track record of developing successful teams and delivering consistent and accurate monthly financial close operations and financial reporting packages.
- Referenceable experience leading company financial audits with third party accountants and company tax filings with regulatory bodies. Knowledge of UK tax structures (VAT/PAYE, etc…) is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience building and owning a complex company financial model that forecasts income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with GAAP financial standards (FASB and IASB). Previous work with high growth, SaaS software company with understanding of SaaS revenue accounting rules ASC 606 and IFRS 15 preferred.
- Proficient with accounting software, office applications, G-Suite, and presentation software.
- Leadership – Strong leader with the ability to motivate, inspire and lead an international team.
- Accountability – Team player with a strong sense of accountability and loyalty who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done on time and to the highest professional standards.
- Analytical – Outstanding analytical capabilities and extremely detail-oriented.
- Communication – Proven ability to work across departments to enlist cooperation and compliance from various departments within the enterprise.
- Ownership / Courage – Inspired Learner who is excited about the opportunity to develop new capabilities and learn new things and will courageously take ownership of new challenges for the Company.
- Network – Ability to hire and retain outstanding finance professionals, with a strong network of talent in the Salt Lake City area.
- Fit – Excitement and interest in international travel and relationship development needed to grow a world-class, international organization.
Compensation & How To Reach Us
VoxPopMe has a generous employee benefits plan and is ready to provide a strong compensation package for an all-star leader. If you meet the criteria above and are inspired by the challenge of building an international, category-leading SaaS company here in Utah – we want to hear from you!
Salary: $89,000 to $94,000 per year.
VoxPopMe is a rapidly growing SaaS company in the exploding market of customer experience and market research analytics. Founded in Birmingham, England in 2013 the Company has grown rapidly establishing a global team across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific and is expanding its team in Utah to lead the Company’s continued growth. Voxpopme is the market-leading provider of video feedback capture and analytics. Link The Company’s video technology helps brands to see the people behind the data, driving customer-centric decisions through engaging video research, while allowing consumers to reach out directly to brands in the moment and on the medium which they prefer – video. Over 300 companies including Clorox, Airbnb, Verizon, and Telstra use Voxpopme to capture real-time, qualitative feedback from their customers.
Voxpopme entered the US market in 2015 and has experienced tremendous demand for its platform. The successful entry into the US has fueled 100%+ revenue growth for the Company and has allowed Voxpopme to raise a $9M Series A equity round in September 2019 – Link. The Company is seeking an experienced financial executive to be its new Controller who can lead the Company’s financial operations and build an international finance team that will support the Company’s global growth.