Who are we?
Voxpopme Limited (Voxpopme) is a Company registered in the United Kingdom, with subsidiaries in the USA and Australia.
For the purpose of data protection law, including the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), Voxpopme is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with notification number ZA004904.
What do we do?
Voxpopme is a technology company specializing in video capture and analysis.
To fulfil our services Voxpopme may be engaged by third parties to perform or provide data collection and data processing services.
Our commitment to protecting your privacy
When you share your information or data with us, we feel that it is important to assure you that your information will be safely protected. This statement discloses what information we collect, and how this is used and kept secure.
The data we collect about you
We collect personal information from you necessary to fulfil our services when you communicate with us by any media; such as
- when you visit our website
- you engage with us to use our services
- you subscribe to the Voxpopme app
- from our guests or visitors
- from publicly available sources: eg. networking, social media, internet services, exhibitions, direct referrals, other Corporate bodies;
We define personal information (also known as personal data) as any identifiable data relating to a natural person that is directly or indirectly collected, by us or a third party.
We may process the following types of personal information of, or from you
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email
- address and telephone number
- your payment information such as credit or debit card details and bank account details.
For our survey respondents we may capture
- name, age and your hometown
- facial images
- audio recordings
- video clips containing facial images
This data from our survey respondents may be shared with the clients who engage us to perform or provide the services, our client’s service providers, and with the end-clients who engaged our clients. This data will be used for the various purposes described in the survey disclosures available at the time of data collection.
How and why we use your personal information
We collect your personal information on a voluntary basis and will only use your personal information necessary to fulfill our services to you or where the law allows us to.
For the services we provide to our clients, the processing activity we undertake is as a data processor.
For the staff we employ we act as a data controller.
The personal data collected from our clients, visitors, respondents to our videos, staff and stakeholders is necessary to:
- assist us in the administration of our business
- provide you with our services
- capture feedback from our video respondents
- enable us to collate and classify survey respondents
- for funding and administrative purposes;
- meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
- market Voxpopme and its products and services, including those of its third-party suppliers to Clients;
- achieve the general objectives of Voxpopme;
- to fulfill our obligations as an employer.
Information we may collect through our website is needed
- to help identify your computer;
- analyse data about web page traffic and to help us tailor our website for your needs;
to allow visitors to access information they may require.
- We also collect personal contacts from our Business and Corporate clients for our legitimate interests.
Almost entirely, these contacts are corporate or business individuals and while this is still categorised under UK and EU legislation as personal data we are aware that it can be used for business-to-business purposes, as stipulated by the Law and the Privacy of Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR) with which we also comply.
We will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- for the performance of a contract we have with you;
- where we have legitimate interests (or a third-party has legitimate interests) for your personal information to be processed (and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests); or
- where we have a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may process your personal information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required, or permitted by law.
We may use your personal information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
Voxpopme currently undertake no marketing activity using the personal data of our video respondents.
For our business and corporate clients, we will look to share or promote our products, services and offers that we believe will be of interest.
To complete this marketing activity, we recognise that we will use the personal data of the contact we have for each business we engage. We undertake this activity in full compliance with both data privacy legislation and under the Privacy of Electronic Communications Regulation 2003.
You can opt out from receiving any marketing information from Voxpopme at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Where do we process personal information?
We are a cloud-based service provider and data processor. Our servers are based in Dublin, Ireland and backed up in Frankfurt, Germany.
We store and process personal information mainly in the EEA, as above, although information and personal data may be accessed by our teams anywhere around the world. We have subsidiary companies based in USA and Australia. Each of these countries only access data where necessary and using our cloud-based servers.
Please note that your data may be exported to, and stored and processed in, countries outside of the country in which you reside, including, without limitation, the United States and Australia. For data subjects residing in the EEA, this means that your personal information may be exported, stored, and processed outside of the EEA. We use adequate physical, administrative, and technical processes, procedures and measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized use, disclosure, and/or access. To receive information on the recipients of your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we protect your personal information
Data security is of utmost importance to Voxpopme and we have achieved certification to ISO 27001 externally validating the robustness of our information security systems.
Additionally Voxpopme takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure or loss, as follows:
- We limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- We dispose of your data in adherence with industry approved processes and timescales.
- This website has security measures (including on-line and off-line physical, electronic and managerial safeguards) in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. As with any transmission over the Internet, however, there is always some element of risk involved in sending personal information on-line.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Disclosure of and sharing of your personal information
We do not share, sell, rent or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
In connection with our processing activities, we may share personal information with third-party vendors whom we have engaged through contractual agreements to restrict and limit such processing activities and to ensure adequate protection for your data. For specific details of the third parties we use please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use third party providers to:
- help us promote our products and services;
- for document management and database storage;
- for translations;
- data analytics;
- technical support;
- project management;
- for our staff databse and payroll.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection law in relation to your personal information. You may have the right to:
- object to us processing, or ask us to restrict our processing of your personal information for any of the purposes listed in this policy, at any time;
- ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge;
- access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with data protection law (see further information below on subject access requests);
- ask us to erase your personal information (in certain circumstances). We will do our best to respond to such requests, but these are subject to certain limitations;
- Request a transfer of your personal information (in certain circumstances).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights or to review, verify, correct or question anything detailed in this policy or anything about your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com, or our Data Protection Officer
Subject Access Requests
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We are committed to children’s privacy
Voxpopme takes children’s privacy seriously and we do not seek to collect individually identifiable information about children under 16 years of age.
If required for the performance of our services to clients, Voxpopme may occasionally have access to responses obtained from minors (children under the age of 16). In such cases, Voxpopme will only access such responses and process personal data of such minors if prior consent has been obtained from the appropriate parents/guardians.
If Voxpopme otherwise learns that a child under the age of 16 has submitted personally identifiable information online, in contravention of these measures, Voxpopme will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases and to not use such information for any purpose.
This Site contains links to other third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. Voxpopme is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices or the content of any websites which are linked to this website. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every third-party website you visit.
How to contact us
Voxpopme Limited (Voxpopme),
Studio 2, Floor 18, Alpha Towers, Suffolk St Queensway, Birmingham, B1 1TT
+44 121 224 7703
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
If we are going to use personal data in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify the affected individuals by posting a notice on this website or via email.