Video, after video, after video. We are now consuming more video content than any other medium on the internet. We’re enjoying video so much that Cisco has predicted by 2019, online video will be responsible for 80% of global Internet traffic.
And this prediction is backed up by claims made by social media giant, Facebook, stating users are currently consuming more than 100 million videos per day!
But why video? What makes video the king of all content?
From a scientific perspective: Video is visual, audible and emotional. It triggers more senses and activates different areas of the brain as opposed to just reading text. Hence, our borderline addiction to consuming video. (I can almost feel my 6th Grade teacher, Ms Andrea, frowning by this point - but the numbers don’t lie).
From a social perspective: Thanks to technological advancements, sharing video on the internet is now quicker than ever, making it easy to share your favourite videos with your family and friends on social media.
Why sharing video is so popular?
Going back to the science behind video, awakening your senses (visual, audible) and emotions can lead to many positive, neurological effects. And if the video content is relatable and of considerable quality, it has the power to be euphoric!
This euphoric feeling is an experience that we enjoy, and passing this feeling on to family and friends is essentially our willingness to share this moment with them, whether it’s for laughs, tears, shock, joy, or all of them at the same time.
Now I think of it, this article should’ve been a video...
To make up for it, I have put together a snapshot of the top nine video stats that’ll make you love video just as much as everyone at Voxpopme.
9 video stats for business
- According to a report by Invodo, 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- According to a report published by Forrester, including video in an email leads to a whopping 200-300% increase in click-through rate.
- 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process.
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others, according to Invodo.
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online, according to ComScore.
- Mist Media reports that the average internet user spends 88% more time on a site with video.
- Including a video on your homepage can increase conversion rates by 20% or more, according to ReelSEO.
- Another report from Invodo highlighted that Shoppers who view video are 1.81X more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
- Unbounced reports that including video on landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
All those stats got you in the mood for video research? Discover how easily you can see the people behind your data with your free step-by-step guide to video by hitting the button below…